What geeks like
The Creative web cams have always been known to be very easy to install and configure on Microsoft windows Systems, trying to keep this quality with the up-coming ubuntu linux world the Creative developers are making this web cam easy to use on Unix Systems too. With Linux Ubuntu Feisty Fawn the installation is not needed, as far as we have the kernel headers installed the web cam Creative live will just run by itself. To verify if the cam is actually working I used camorama (sudo apt-get install camorama, to call the program sudo camorama), after restarting my system with my creative live webcam plugged-in and running camorama I was able to use aMSN and Skype for all my internet video calls with my ubuntu linux friends.
- Problem: The camera does not work on my machine, however it is recognised (through lsusb).
- Solution: Are the headers installed ?(You can do it easily through Synaptic Package Manager).
- Problem: The headers are installed but the camera still does not work.
- Solution: Is yours the right kernel version? (It has to be 2.6.22-14 or newer).
- Webcam. (2008, April 28). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 21:38, April 28, 2008, from http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Webcam&oldid=208767448